Teachers' Training Course
London Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre
- Attendance at all classes, lectures, morning and evening meditation sessions is mandatory. If a class or meditation cannot be attended, a written explanation has to be given to the principal of the course. Frequent absence may lead to expulsion from the course.
- Karma Yoga, selfless service, is part of the course. We kindly ask each participant to join in Karma Yoga for about one hour daily.
- A Sivananda centre is not a club or vacation resort. Your conduct – private or public – should enhance the spiritual atmosphere of the centre. Do not waste your prana (vital energy) in fruitless activities.
- Alcohol, tobacco, meat, fish, eggs and coffee are prohibited on the centre premises. Absolutely no drugs. No taking, distributing or dealing in or around the centre. If you learn of others keeping, taking or distributing drugs you are obliged to report this to the principal of the course immediately.
- Rules for conduct in the temple and meditation halls: the atmosphere should be kept especially pure in these localities. At least hands, feet and face must be clean. No unnecessary talk. These locations are for meditation and prayers.
- Music is not allowed in the centre. No mobile phones are allowed in yoga classes, satsangs or lectures.
- If you have any medical problem, please let us know when you enroll for the course.
- Please note that it is not possible to participate in the TTC during any phase of pregnancy.
- Please adapt your dress to the centre atmosphere. Please wear loose clothing with covered shoulders and legs. No tops, no shorts, no short skirts. Books and pictures should be only of spiritual nature.
- The Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres suggest that you refrain from any type of sexually oriented behaviour.
- Photography, audio and video recording: Please do not take photographs using flash. Any publication of pictures which were taken at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres or during activities of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres requires previous written authorisation of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre as well as written authorisation of individuals shown on the picture(s). Audio and video recording of the activities of the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres are not permitted.
Room and Board
Shared accommodation – Beds might be bunk beds!
The tuition fee includes examination fee, administrative costs, course fees, room and board, two yoga pants and two t-shirts and the course manual. The Kriya kit is not included. Airport transfers are not included.
- Cancellation before the start of the course: a refund for the amount paid less an administration fee of £50 will be issued.
- Leaving the course: A refund for the full amount of the course minus the days present in the course will be issued minus a £50 administration fee.
- In case of early departure: the course manual and uniforms (2 trousers/2 t-Shirts) must be returned before leaving the teaching location for the refund to be authorized.