Our Commitment To You
When visiting this page, the web server automatically logs log files. This data includes for example, browser type and version, operating system used, referrer URL (previously visited page), IP address of the requesting computer, server request date and time of access, and client file request (file name and URL). These data are collected only for the purpose of statistical evaluation. A transfer to third parties, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, does not take place.
The use of our website is usually possible without providing personal information. We only collect data that you voluntarily share with us. These data will not be disclosed to third parties without your explicit consent.
Keep in mind that data transmission over the Internet (for example, when communicating via e-mail) is subject to security vulnerabilities. Absolute protection of data from access by strangers is not possible.
How We Obtain Your Details
We will also hold information about your details so that we can respect your preferences for being contacted by us. We collect your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you provide it to us directly.
- When you provide permission to other organisations to share it with us (including social media networking or sites e.g. Facebook or Twitter).
- When we collect it as you use our website.
What Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal data for the processing of your selected course according to the website or program booklet. A course would include attending a yoga class, seminar, or other event organized by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre. It is information that is used to identify your person and can be traced back to you, including name, address, telephone number and email address.
When registering for one of our residential courses, Yoga Teacher Training, Advanced Yoga Teacher Training, Sadhana Intensive, we also collect additional data relevant to registering and conducting the course. These include health data and third party data (emergency contact). You should therefore ensure that all information relating to third parties is provided by you with the consent of such persons.
By completing an application form or registering for one of our events by email, by telephone, in person or by post, you consent to the storage and processing of your personal data for the creation, implementation and processing of your booked offer.
Use of MindBody to Collect Information
We use “MINDBODY, Inc.”, a business management software, located at 4051 Broad St #220, San Luis Obispo, California 93401.
Personal Information we collect or obtain includes:
- Contact details (e.g., name, address, email, telephone number),
- Personal details (e.g., date of birth, education, nationality),
- Financial and transaction data (e.g., purchase history, account information, shipping and billing information, etc.), and
- Other MINDBODY Services related data (e.g., customer requests, statistics, etc.).
We use MINDBODY for reporting and trending, to better understand you and our other users, so that we can tune and personalise our offering, and for trending and statistics, and to improve our products and services. We also use MINDBODY to create, and administer accounts, fulfil and record transactions, and provide you with related assistance (answer inquiries relating to Personal Information, etc.).
MINDBODY stores all data in servers and backup servers located in the United States. MINDBODY has Privacy Shield certification which complies with GDPR regulations related to transferring data outside of the EU. Click here for a detailed explanation of how the Privacy Shield requirements align with the new GDPR guidelines. Furthermore, we have concluded a terms of service agreement with MINDBODY, Ltd.
Use of Your Data for Advertising Purposes
Postal and by phone: In addition to processing your data to process your course booking, we also use this data to inform you about further offers by post. Furthermore, we use your data to inform you by telephone about courses and offers on courses that we deem of interest to you. You may revoke the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. An email is sufficient. Use the following email address: email@example.com.
Newsletters: In addition to processing your data to process your course booking, we also use this data to inform you about further offers through newsletters. You may revoke the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. An email is sufficient. Use the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information About the Newsletter and Consent
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users subscribing to our newsletter as well as the contents of our newsletter. The policy covers distribution and statistical evaluation procedures as well as your right of objection. By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to the receipt and the procedures described.
Content of the Newsletter
We send newsletters, e-mails and other electronic notifications with advertising information (hereinafter “newsletter”) only with the consent of the recipient or a legal permission. Incidentally, our newsletters contain information on programmes at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre including yoga vacation, yoga further education programs, and yoga teacher training courses as well as information about offers in other Sivananda Yoga Centers worldwide. This may in particular include references to blog posts, lectures or workshops or online presence.
The registration for our newsletter takes place in a confirmed opt-in procedure. After registration, you will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with third-party e-mail addresses. The registration for the newsletter will be logged in order to prove the registration process according to the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the login and the confirmation time, as well as the IP address. Similarly, the changes to your data stored with Constant Contact will be logged.
Use of the Email Marketing Service Provider “Constant Contact”
The newsletter is distributed via “Constant Contact”, a newsletter shipping platform located at 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451, part of Endurance International Group, Inc., 10 Corporate Drive, Burlington, MA 01803, USA.
The e-mail addresses of our Newsletter recipients, as well as their other information described herein, are stored on the servers of Constant Contact in the USA. Constant Contact uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf. Furthermore, Constant Contact may, according to its own information, use this data to optimise or improve its own services, e.g. for the technical optimisation of the shipping and the presentation of the newsletter or for economic purposes, to determine from which countries the recipients come. However, Constant Contact does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write them down or to pass them on to third parties.
We are required as customer of Constant Contact, to use their platform only for permission-based email marketing, in compliance with their Anti-Spam Policy. To sign up for the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide your email address.
Optionally, we ask you to provide your name. This information is only used to personalise the newsletter.
Statistical Survey and Analyses
Constant Contact collects information uploaded to their platform by us, including your email addresses or contact information and any campaigns we send you. They also collect information sent from you directly when you submit information via our newsletter sign-up page. Campaigns sent from the Constant Contact platform may include a web beacon or other tracking technology, which allows Constant Contact to determine if you open an email, as well as what you click on, the email delivery status and geographic location. Constant Contact also collects log data, including your IP address, browser type, and version. Constant Contact shares this information with us so that we can recognise the reading habits of our users, optimise our newsletters to you, understand your level of engagement with the newsletters. Constant Contact may also set a cookie on your browser so that we can develop more efficient ways of getting in touch with you.
Image web beacons can be refused when delivered via email by disabling HTML images or refusing HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software. For more information on how to manage cookies in your web browser, see www.aboutcookies.org.
Constant Contact is the owner of the data collected through web beacons, cookies and other tracking technologies present in campaigns.
Online Call and Data Management
You can choose to stop receiveing our newsletter at any time. Every email message sent contains an “unsubscribe” link that allows you to remove yourselves from our mailing list.
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive and that are assigned to the browser you are using and that provide certain information to the entity that sets the cookie. Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They help make internet offerings overall more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see a.)
– Persistent cookies (see b.).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include in particular session cookies. These store what is known as a session ID, with which various requests from your browser can be assigned to a common session. This permits your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time from within the security settings of your browser.
- You can configure your browser setting to match your preferences and e.g. decline to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. “Third-party cookies” are cookies that have been set by a third party and therefore not by the actual website which you currently are on. Please note that disabling cookies may not enable you to use all features of this website.
This page uses the Cookie Opt-in Cookie-Script from Objectis Ltd. For the purposes of statistics, a web beacon connects to the Cookie-Script server. When you accept cookies on this website via the cookie banner, you accept the Google Analytics cookie. This cookie is only activated with your explicit consent (opt-in).
If you have given your consent, this website uses Google Analytics 4, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC. The responsible party for users in the EU/EEA and Switzerland is Google Ireland Limited, Google Building Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland (“Google”).
Scope of processing
Google Analytics 4 has IP address anonymization enabled by default. Due to IP anonymization, your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. According to Google, the IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
During your website visit, your user behavior is recorded in the form of “events”. Events can be:
- Page views
- First visit to the website
- Start of session
- Your “click path”, interaction with the website
- Scrolls (whenever a user scrolls to the bottom of the page (90%))
- clicks on external links
- internal search queries
- interaction with videos
- file downloads
- seen / clicked ads
- language settings
- Your approximate location (region)
- your IP address (in shortened form)
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g. language setting, screen resolution)
- your internet service provider
- the referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
Purposes of processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your pseudonymous use of the website and to compile reports on website activity. The reports provided by Google Analytics serve to analyse the performance of our website and the success of our marketing campaigns.
Recipients of the data are/may be:
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (as processor under Art. 28 DSGVO).
- Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Alphabet Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
It cannot be ruled out that US authorities may access the data stored by Google.
Third country transfer
Insofar as data is processed outside the EU/EEA and there is no level of data protection corresponding to the European standard, we have concluded EU standard contractual clauses with the service provider to establish an appropriate level of data protection. The parent company of Google Ireland, Google LLC, is based in California, USA. A transfer of data to the USA and access by US authorities to the data stored by Google cannot be ruled out. The USA is currently considered a third country from a data protection perspective. You do not have the same rights there as within the EU/EEA. You may not be entitled to any legal remedies against access by authorities.
Duration of storage
The data sent by us and linked to cookies are automatically deleted after 2 months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached occurs automatically once a month.
The legal basis for this data processing is your consent pursuant to Art.6 para.1 p.1 lit. a GDPR.
You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by accessing the cookie settings and changing your selection there. The lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation remains unaffected.
You can also prevent the storage of cookies from the outset by setting your browser software accordingly. However, if you configure your browser to reject all cookies, this may result in a restriction of functionalities on this and other websites. In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google, by
a. not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
b. downloading and installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics HERE.
What Are Your Rights?
The GDPR taking effect on 25th May 2018, gives you a number of rights. These are:
- Right to be informed: We are transparent over how we use your personal information
- Right of access: You can request a copy of the information we hold about you, which will be provided to you within one month
- Right of rectification: You can request that we update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Right to restrict processing: You can request that we stop using your information
- Right to be “forgotten”: You can request that we remove your personal information from our records
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
For more information about your rights under the data protection law, please refer to the Information Commissioners Office website
However, we would like to point out that the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre is subject to legal obligations that do not allow us to delete certain information directly. These obligations result from accounting and tax laws. We may, however, block your personal information, thereby preventing processing for purposes other than those required by law.
In addition, you can make use of your right of objection at any time without stating reasons and amend or revoke the given declaration of consent with immediate effect. You may revoke the use of your personal data for advertising purposes at any time. An email is sufficient. Use the following email address: email@example.com.
Last updated: 3 July, 2023