Generating Willpower & Strength
Sadhana Intensive is a two-week programme devised by Swami Vishnudevananda based on his own Hatha Yoga Sadhana in the Himalayas. He said that six months of this intensive practice gave him the energy to carry out his mission of spreading the teachings of Yoga in the West for the next 40 years.
The Practice Includes:
- Concentrated periods of Pranayama of progressive intensity
- Asana practice (2-3 times daily)
- Discussion and Practice of Mudras (seals), Bandhas (locks), Mantras
- Study of Classical Scriptures on Hatha Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Vedanta Philosophy
- Practice of shat kriyas (cleansing techniques)
- Meditation and chanting
- Keeping a spiritual diary
Increasing the Vibration
“Far beyond your intellect, far beyond your understanding, lies inexhaustible knowledge and wealth, strength and power, peace and joy.” – Swami Vishnudevananda
Going Beyond Limitation
The Sadhana Intensive affords a unique opportunity to extend the limits of our capabilities, strengthen our stamina and develop self-confidence with long lasting effects. The course requires some preparation from the student. Interested students are advised to prepare by following a regular daily Hatha yoga practice and a Sattvic lifestyle. Sound physical and mental health is also a prerequisite.
This course is based on individual self-practice divided into two or three sessions per day. The emphasis is on intense and prolonged Pranayama. Twice each day, the students meet with their teachers and receive instructions. Students are guided individually in their practice which is balanced by the study of classical scriptures.
Study the Scriptures
- "Sadhana is the purpose for which we have come to this place."- Swami Sivananda
Signing Up for the Sadhana Intensive
The course is taught in English with simultaneous translation into French, Spanish and German. Simultaneous translation with individual headsets on a modern wireless translation system (rental fee 20 €). Please bring your own headphones (type MP3) to use with our translation system.
Course rates are date specific and includes the course, accommodation, meals and manual. Here you can find a listing of all upcoming course dates.
Required Materials not covered by course fee but available in the Yoga Shop for purchase:
• Hatha Yoga Pradipika” (commentary by Swami Vishnudevananda)
• Viveka Chudamani
• Yoga mat
• Notebook and pen
• Kriya set (including Neti Pot)
• Meditation cushion, meditation shawl (recommended)
• Translation system (if required – rental fee 20 €)
• Laundry Soap
• Your TTC Uniform (2 yoga pants, 2 t-shirts)
• Comfortable as well as warm clothing (covering shoulders and knees)
• Torch (flashlight)
• Sandals or slippers for indoors
• Walking shoes
• Water Bottle and Travel mug or tumbler (for hot tea)
• Rain gear
• If using a translation system please bring your own headphones (type MP3/3.5mm jack)
• For tent space only: bring your own tent, bedding, and towels
Sadhana Intensive courses are open only to Sivananda Teachers Training Course (TTC) graduates. Good physical and mental health as well as a high degree of self-motivation are required due to the very intensive nature of the course. As a preparation we suggest you to practice 15 – 20 rounds of Anuloma Viloma everyday
Upon successful completion, the participant receives a certificate of completion the title “Yoga Bhaskara” from the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres.