- New to yoga
Welcome to our Centre
relax and rejuvenate
New to yoga?Or to the Sivananda tradition?
Welcome! If you are just getting started we recommend attending our free online trial class.
Our next Beginners Level 1 Course commences on Monday 08th March at 6.00 pm.
You will learn the basics of yoga in a systematic way, conducive to relaxation. We teach traditional yoga, in a precise and simple way. By developping the body and a healthy mind, yoga allows us to naturally and progressively improve phyiscal, mental and spiritual health.
You will be guided by the teacher, to practice pranayama (breathing exercises), sun salutations, asanas (steady yoga postures) and you will finish the class with a long final relaxation.
- It is preferable not to eat at least two hours before the class
- Wear comfortable clothes and have your yoga mat ready
- If you suffer from a physical limitation, please let the teacher know or send us an email prior to the start of the course
- We are running our online classes using the « zoom » software. Please download the software, create a free account.
- Please have a camera available to be able to follow the class
- Try to be ready to start at least 10 minutes before the start of the class
Progressing through your asanas
after a trial class
After the trial class, you can join a Level 1 beginner course. This course offers a step-by-step approach to learning the basic yoga postures, breathing exercises and relaxation techniques. You will receive personal guidance from an experienced teacher, allowing you to grow into the practice at your own pace. We understand how daunting that first class or workshop can be from the outside, but we can assure you an easeful, gentle and enriching experience. Please feel free to ask questions. We’re here to help.
- The four basic courses, Level 1 – 4, progressively take you from the beginner level to the intermediate level
- You can repeat any level as many times as you like
- Once you have learnt the different postures and breathing techniques, continue to deepen your practice with any of our drop-in classes